The phases involved in Software testing lifecycle are
- Requirements understanding
- Test preparation
- Test Execution
- Test Reporting
- During the Requirements Understanding phase, review of requirements is an activity that should be undertaken with utmost care and such review should be done systematically to ensure the clarity, correctness and testability of the requirements.
- During the Test preparation phase, after the test scenarios are identified and test conditions and cases are built for each scenario, it is advisable to do a thorough and detailed review.
- Checklist for Test cases review during the Test Preparation Phase
- During the test execution phase, doing a review after the cases are executed is very important .
- During the Test Reporting phase, it would help to ensure that all the required documents are prepared, metrics are collated and all the project specific formalities are completed.